When I found out I was coeliac, I thought my options to prepare tasty food were limited, and I felt so lost because I loved inviting my friends over for dinner! In reality, there's a lot that you can do, even f you're just a beginner.
This gluten free savory plum cake is a great example: I cooked it once for my friends, and it became popular very soon! Choose your favorite vegetables, follow the steps and in 1 hour you'll have an impressive result, tasty & healthy, vegetarian & gluten free! Here's how to do it.
Ingredients (8 Servings)
- 250 gr gluten free flour*
- 100 gr olive oil (you can also use sunflower oil or others)
- 6 gr gluten free baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 200 ml milk
- Veggies: 2 small carrots (120 gr), 1 spring onion, 100 gr mushrooms, 80 gr frozen peas.
- 100 gr grated scamorza cheese (cheddar or mozzarella can also work)
- Salt, pepper and spices as you prefer
- Preheat oven to 180 °C.
- Chop the carrots, spring onions and mushroom in small pieces. Heat an oiled pan or wok and cook the vegetables (except the mushrooms) for 10 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook for 5 more minutes. Set aside.
- Combine the flour and the baking powder in a bowl. In another bowl whisk the eggs with the milk, then slowly add the oil while you're whisking. Add a pinch of salt, black pepper and nutmeg. Stir in the flour mix, the vegetables and the cheese.
- Pour the mix into a plumcake tin (covered in baking paper). You can sprinkle some extra cheese or some pine seeds on top. Bake for 40 min. Let it cool for 20 min before serving (ideally on a wire rack and not in the pan).
TIPS: Feel free to adapt with your favorite vegetables or your favorite cheese. This version is vegetarian, but of course you can choose to add little cubes of bacon or ham to the mix (100 gr).
Have you tried it? Do you have any suggestions? Leave your comment!