All it takes for a great afternoon snack is 3 ingredients and 30 minutes...voilá the coconut macaroons are ready! You can find them in supermarkets as well, but the homemade version is always healthier and tastier. Ready to try?
Ingredients (Makes 15 macaroons)
- 130 ground coconut
- 70 gr sugar
- 3 egg whites
- Preheat the oven at 180 °C
- Small pan and pour in the egg whites. Slowly add the sugar while whisking. Turn on gas to low heat and keep whisking until the sugar has dissolved. Watch out for the temperature: the egg shouldn't cook!
- Turn the heat off and move the pan to a cold surface. Add the coconut while you are mixing with a spoon.
- Create the macaroons with the help of 2 spoons and add one by one on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, until the macaroons become brown on top.
- Leave to cool on the baking sheet & serve.
TIPS: The best part is that you can customize them how you like: add chocolate chips, raisins or your favorite ingredient to the mix! You can keep the macaroons for 2-3 days in an airtight container.
Have you tried it? Do you have any suggestions? Leave your comment!