During your childhood, were you eating vegetables without problems, or were you also "allergic to the color green"?
I refined this recipe thinking about my brother as a child, he would hardly eat veggies, maybe there savory muffins would have done the trick! Super easy to do, especially if you have a food processor to help, and in less than 50 minutes you could have a tasty breakfast or starters to impress your friends!
Ingredients (12 muffins)
- 150 gr spinach
- 120 gr chopped pistachio
- 3 eggs
- 120 ml milk
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 200 gr gluten free flour
- 8 gr baking powder
- 110 gr cheese (half grated gruyere, half pecorino cheese)
- Salt, pepper as needed
- Use a food processor to blend the spinach together with the pistachio, eggs, milk and oil.
- Pour the blend in a bowl, sift in the flour with the baking powder and add the cheese. Mix well with a spatula and in the end add salt and pepper as you prefer.
- Fill muffin cases two-thirds full, sprinkle the top with some chopped pistachio.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 180 °C for 30 minutes. Let it cool down for at least 15 minutes before serving.
TIPS: The great thing about these savory muffins is that they can preserve up to 5 days in an air-tight container. You can also freeze them if you'd like to preserve for longer. Enjoy them as a snack, starter with friends or also for breakfast!
Have you tried it? Do you have any suggestions? Leave your comment!