This is one of my favorite Easter recipes of all times! When I was living in Rome I used to eagerly wait for Easter Day because my mom would always prepare a huge plate for us.
I still love it! And it is so easy to prepare!
There are many similar versions around the world: deviled eggs with chili, or creamy eggs just with mayonnaise, but the one with tuna is my favorite (and my husband loves them even more).
You're still on time to add them to your menu, even if it's not Easter Day.
Ingredients (12 pieces)
- 6 eggs
- 2 tuna cans (approximately 230-250 gr of drained tuna)
- 6 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp chives (to garnish)
- The recipe is really simple and it only has 3 steps. First boil the eggs in a pot until firm. It will take approximately 10 minutes since the water starts boiling. After the time has passed, drain the eggs and place them in cold water for 20 minutes, to cool down.
- Carefully remove the egg shell of each egg. Cut the eggs in 2 symmetric halves: put the yolks in a bowl and leave the egg whites is a large plate. Add the other ingredients in the bowl: using a fork, crush the yolks with tuna, then add the mayo and black pepper. Mix well until creamy.
- Transfer the eggs cream in a pastry bag, then fill in each egg white with equal quantities of the mix. Garnish the place with chives and serve.
TIPS: I suggest to serve the eggs cold, so ideally place in the fridge for an hour before serving. You can also prepare them the day before. Enjoy!
Have you tried it? Do you have any suggestions? Leave your comment!