If you are trying to cut down on meat, or you're just looking for a tasty alternative, portobello mushrooms are a great solution. You've probably tried them already: they are exactly the size of a burger, so they are the perfect vegan burger substitute, and naturally gluten-free go to brunch.
With this recipe you can turn a simple portobello into a premium delicacy, just with some goat cheese and a little spices. It's super quick and easy!
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 2 Portobello mushrooms
- 150 gr Goat cheese (1 round portion)
- 15 gr Pine nuts
- 2 tbsp thyme
- Olive oil, salt and pepper as needed
- Optional: the interior of 1 zucchini
- Cut the goat cheese in cubes and place in a little bowl. Season with oil, thyme and salt as you prefer. Add the zucchini for a more filling solution.
- Clean the portobellos and place them onto a tin covered in baking paper. Fill the mushrooms with the mix.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at at 180 °C for 30 minutes. In the meantime toast the pine nuts in a little skillet, and use them to garnish the portobellos at the very end. Serve while hot!
TIPS: This dish is meant to consume right after cooking, so I wouldn't suggest to preserve it for long. You can use champignon mushrooms if you want to turn it into a finger food option.
Have you tried it? Do you have any suggestions? Leave your comment!