If granola can be found in some many different shops, what is the reason for going through all the trouble to making it yourself?
That was my initial though, but then I gave it a try. It was the best gluten-free granola that I've ever had! You can choose your favorite ingredients, you can also moderate the sugar, and it's definitely cheaper!
Try one time, and then let me know what you think.
Ingredients (makes 500 gr)
- 200 gr gluten free oats
- (optional 50 gr gluten free dried fiber - FibreX)
- 70 gr almonds (shaved or chopped)
- 50 gr hazelnuts (cut in half)
- 45 gr sunflower seeds
- 20 gr pumpkin seeds
- 30 gr cranberries
- 20 gr goji berries
- 100 ml water
- 50 gr olive oil
- 75 gr honey
- Combine all the cereal and seeds together in a bowl. Leave the berries out.
- Prepare the syrup: pour the water, oil and honey in a small pan and place over low heat until it all becomes liquid.
- Pour the syrup into the cereals and combine well. Place over a baking tin covered in baking paper, and bake in pre-heated oven at 200 °C for 20 minutes, stir every 5 minutes.
- Add the berries in the last 5 minutes in the oven, or ad the end. Mix everything and let it cool down. Voilà it's ready!
TIPS: Preserve the granola in an air-tight container, it will last for at least 2 weeks. Customize the recipe however you want, you can also add chocolate nibs or other dried fruits. Just remember not to cook the berries!
Have you tried it? Do you have any suggestions? Leave your comment!